Allergies are currently the fourth most prevalent ailment in the world, according to data. One in four toddlers now suffer from allergies, which has increased by half over the past 20 years.
4% of adults and 8% of children have food allergies or intolerances, although more than 60% of people are genetically prone to them. Milk and gluten allergies are especially prevalent in children aged 0 to 3.
- In a report on food allergies that the AFSSA (French Health Products Safety Agency) released in January 2012, cow's milk was listed as the third most common cause of allergies in children, with a prevalence of 9%.
- Over 80 000 children in France are impacted, but the true number is both underreported and rising quickly.
- Weaning-related symptoms might start as early as the first bottles. The proteins in cow's milk are the reason for them.
- Baby formula made with cow's milk, especially hypoallergenic milk, which contains milk protein fragments, must be replaced with nondairy formula after diagnosis.
- Nearly 1% of people worldwide, including in France, have gluten sensitivity or celiac disease, yet these cases are still underdiagnosed and undertreated.
- It is an autoimmune condition in which gluten protein fragments from specific cereals (wheat, barley, rye, oats, Oriental wheat, etc.) cause harm to the lining of the intestine.
- When gluten-containing powdered baby food is offered to infants after weaning, symptoms may start to manifest.
- Only a gluten-free and sometimes dairy-free diet can improve the illness when a blood test and biopsy confirm the diagnosis.
At Formuland, you'll find plant-based formula for your baby. Our organic rice formula is free of allergic proteins. This aids in digestion and ensures that newborns can grow up in peace, without cow's or sheep's milk and without soy or gluten. Our nondairy formulas are fantastic substitutes for customary infant formulas and cereals. In order to better respect our environment and provide all newborns with a healthy milk alternative, our nondairy formulas do not contain any substances from animals; rather, they contain Vitamin D from plants and EPA/DHA. Plant-based formulas are recommended because they better respect newborn physiology and help children develop healthy diets free of palm oil, sugar, salt, or an excess of any of these ingredients: micronutrients, naturally gluten-free cereals, and all-natural supplement. Shop our rice formula for infants to find the perfect dairy- and gluten-free fit for your little one.